Chempilots has worked with functional hydrogels and hydrophilic polymer-based products for medical and pharmaceutical use for 30 years. Our projects in this field span a broad range of product applications and include:
- Soft contact lens formulation
- Pad print inks for colored contact lenses
- Functional PEGs for nanomedicine use
- Cell encapsulation
- Urology endoprothesis and injectable bulking agents
- Tissue engineering scaffolds
- Catheter lubrication coatings
- Controlled drug release dermal patches and coatings
- Electrode gels
- Wound dressings
- Hydrogel adhesives
- Creams and lotions
- Hydrogel based oral dosage forms
- Sensor membranes
- Ultrasonic imaging pads
We are experts in tailoring functional hydrogel systems for medical applications to a desired product and process specification. This we do by both formulation and synthesis of new materials.
Our core hydrogel material competences include:
- Knowledge of most water soluble polymer systems, chemistries and x-linking options (physical, chemical, radiation).
- Custom polymer synthesis to obtain unique functionality.
- Knowledge of key hydrogel property areas such as mechanical, physical and chemical properties, degradation mechanisms, swelling, biocompatibility, etc.
- Ability to formulate with APIs, pigments, and other additives.
- Characterization of material properties: rheology, swelling, x-link density, permeability, mechanical properties, biocompatibility, drug elution, abrasion, stability, etc.
We have extensive experience in the processing of hydrogels for medical use, including:
- Hydrogel molding, extrusion, coating and printing.
- Crosslinking by two component mixing, heat, cooling, in-line x-link agent addition, UV, E-beam radiation etc.
- Residuals extraction
- Water processing bioburden control
- Packaging and stability issues (materials, humidity/swelling/osmosis control, evaporation control, packaging processing)
Hydrogel based products - from feasibility to production
Our facilities and competences support hydrogel based product and process development as well as pilot production encompassing: initial formulation, feasibility, prototyping, process development, fabrication of samples for pre-clinical testing and depending on use fabrication of samples for human testing. For specialty products we can offer to be producer of either raw materials, components or finished product.
Contact us for a discussion
For a confidential discussion of your specific issues, please call Christian Elbek on +45 4495 1661 or send him an e-mail.