Chempilots has extensive experience in the formulation, processing, and manufacturing of in-line curable, conductive electrode gels used in ECG, EEG, EMG electrodes, and electrosurgical grounding plates.
Electrode gel formulation and processing
The key issue in formulation is to balance product performance parameters (electrical, mechanical, adhesion, cohesion, and stability over time) with high-speed processing. Chempilots has extensive experience with both UV- and heat-setting gel systems formulation and processing. Moreover, we have all the necessary equipment to fabricate new electrode gels under high-speed manufacturing conditions and to characterize them.
Process optimization and troubleshooting.
Chempilots is also able to provide process optimization and trouble shooting services for existing manufacturing lines, including both product and process analysis, such as:
- Chemical composition determined by NMR, IR, Pyrolysis-GC-MS, HPLC, AAS, and ion-chromatography
- Electrode potential measurements
- Mechanical property evaluation by rheometry
- Adhesion strength evaluation by peel testing under different environmental conditions
- Adhesive smudging evaluation by peel testing
- Residuals monomer determined by extraction and HPLC
- Accelerated ageing testing in special constructed climate chambers
Expertise in UV-curing process systems
In addition to product analysis, we have extensive experience in designing, characterizing, and optimizing UV-curing process systems. Typical issues include:
- Adhesion vs. cohesion and monomer residuals as a function of gel formulation, lamp spectral distribution, intensity and reflector design
- Oxygen inhibition
For further information please contact Robert Lessèl
on +45 4495 1661 or by e-mail.