Custom polymer synthesis
Chempilots offers custom polymer synthesis compliant with relevant GMP guidelines in quantities 1 kg to 5 tons/year. We can take your project from lab to pilot to full-scale production in a single seamless process – and all under one roof.
We have experience with free radical, anionic, ring opening, cationic and condensation polymerization in a range of different processing formats (solution, suspension, emulsion, reverse phase emulsion).
Our kilolab is an ATEX compliant clean room facility, that supports dedicated campaign polymer production including all unit operations: synthesis, fractionation, isolation, drying, milling and sieving operations on a 0,2-50 kg batch size. Our QA setup and facilities support production to any relevant GMP requirements. For larger continuous productions, we have dedicated clean room production cells.
Our experience spans a wide range of materials, including:
- PEG copolymers, PEG block-copolymers, star PEGs
- PLGA and other PLA copolymers
- Silicone hydrogels
- Acrylic cement powder
- Derivatized cellulose for cell encapsulation
- Nitrogen monoxide (NO) loaded linear polyethyleneimine
- High purity standard thermoplastic polymers
- High Mw water soluble polymers
- Various polyesters
Benefits of custom synthesis at Chempilots
Our customers for specialty polymer products typically require and appreciate a combination of the following:
- Production matching customer material specifications and QA requirements
- Control of long-term material availability to customer specifications
- Control of material impurity profile
- Dedicated industrial R&D staff with strong chemistry skills and high customer focus
- Seamless in-house upscaling
- Immediate access to key competences
- No need to establish in-house competences for small specialty batch production
- Assistance with polymer specification and subsequent formulation/processing guidelines in the customer end product
Contact us for a discussion
For a confidential discussion of your specific needs, please call Christian Elbek on +45 4495 1661 or send us an e-mail.