Chempilots has laboratories for polymer synthesis and characterization, as well as prototyping of medical devices, and controlled drug release systems. We also have labs for conducting processing studies and technology upscale and can create a dedicated set-up for your project in our laboratories.
We have several individual laboratories for chemical synthesis and general materials research:
- 120 m² (1,300 ft²) laboratory for chemistry bench work
- 50 m² (540 ft²) “tox” laboratory for synthesis, where undesired exposure to e.g. sensibilizing or toxic monomers is restricted and emissions are controlled by special filters
- 25 m² (270 ft²) microbiology lab used for CFU and TVC tests
All of our laboratories are equipped with efficient bench hoods and room ventilation. Bench-top sections can be arranged to facilitate individual projects.
We have approximately 150 m² (1,600 ft²) of laboratory space devoted to characterization and analysis. These labs feature basic instrumentation such as:
- HPLC systems with UV, RI and ELS detectors, and SEC/RI
- GC with auto-sampling
- FTIR (transmission and reflectance) spectroscope with microscope
- UV/VIS spectrophotometer
- Controlled stress Rhemometer and various viscosity instruments
- DSC and DCA
- Tensile strength instruments (5 - 100 N load cells)
- Vial seal tester
- Quick Scope, microscopes, and other optical instruments
- Special inspection equipment for hydrogel/soft contact lenses
Prototyping and process upscale
During R&D, we often formulate and process materials on prototype equipment to demonstrate principles and/or critical project paths. For such activities and for upscaling, we have the following laboratories:
- Above-mentioned general laboratories
- 25 m² (270 ft²) laboratory dedicated for UV/VIS-sensitive materials
- 100 m² (1,100 ft²) area with high ceiling, where we can install chemical unit operations and conduct medium-scale technical productions
- More than 400 m² (4,300 ft²) controlled area/clean rooms for development and pre-production of medical devices and drug release systems (GLP optional)
Through our professional network, we also have access to and experience with advanced instrumentation in cooperation with highly qualified personnel, e.g. pyrolysis-GC/MS, XPS, SIMS, SEM, EA, IR/MS, and SEC/scattering detectors.
Routine analysis is normally outsourced to analytical laboratories.
For more information please call Richard Schmidt on +45 4495 1661 or send us an e-mail.